Director, Business Development
|Location:||San Francisco, CA|
ChaCha is seeking a Director of Business Development who will be responsible for identifying and negotiating strategic partnerships that will range from driving significant mobile user growth of the ChaCha platform to generating new revenue streams for the company. The position can be based in San Francisco.
|Duties:||As our Director of Business Development you will be charged with working on three types of strategic partnerships: distribution, revenue generation, and technology. These will include mobile OEMs, carriers, platform partners such as Facebook, Google, Apple, Amazon, eBay, OpenTable, Fandango, Wolfram Alpha, weather and news providers, technology enablers and other revenue & distribution partners. You will represent ChaCha to these companies, building relationships and educating partners on the business. You will work with the President and the revenue team to set the business strategy. The chosen candidate will be a strategic thinker, curious to find new ways to drive both business and partner value. In this exciting position, you can think big, communicate well, assess quickly, prioritize and make data driven recommendations. |
|Qualifications:||• Identify and execute multi-faceted, complex deals with strategic mobile partners to drive revenue growth |
• Think creatively about new partnership structures and then work with ChaCha's product & engineering teams to bring partnerships through from vision to execution
• You will identify key opportunities, assess benefits, sell internally, develop terms and follow deals through to completion.
• 10+ years of business development experience at technology companies
• Extensive experience working with large mobile partners like Google, Apple, Samsung, HTC, Blackberry, AT&T, Qualcomm, etc.
• Sharp strategic thinker who can design and execute on a vision
• Proven success in negotiating complex deals and driving most aspects of the legal process
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Ability to run quickly with little supervision and adapt to a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
• Able to travel (~50%) with quarterly visits to our Headquarters in Carmel, Indiana
ChaCha is the leading source for free real-time information and answers. Through its unique "ask-a-smart-friend" platform, ChaCha has answered over 2 billion questions since launch from more than 40 million unique users per month via online (ChaCha.com), mobile text (242-242), iPhone app, Android app and voice (1-800-2-ChaChaTM). ChaCha is one of the fastest-growing mobile and online publishers according to Nielsen, comScore and Quantcast and was recently named by Forbes as one of America's Most Promising Companies.